Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm not force-feeding myself a steak at four-thirty to save a couple of bucks, I'll tell you that!

Went up to Kim's parents house yesterday for Father's Day. It was us, her sister, her brother and his girlfriend, and her parents. Pretty good time. I took Montgomery Inn ribs up there and everybody went insane complimenting me on bringing them. This brought about two realizations. First, I haven't the slightest idea what makes people think these things are God's gift to Earth. Don't get me wrong, I like them and all, but they aren't THAT good. I guess I've been working here too long. Second, I began to see how uncomfortable I am at taking compliments. I'm not sure why, but it makes me really uncomfortable. I'd rather just have someone else get the credit or hear a simple thank you. Still "unpacking" this one. I don't really see it as a huge problem in my life, but I'm more interested in how it came about. Life is always teaching me new things...

Gonna help Jason paint his front porch tonight. Haven't seen him in a while, with them being out of town for 2 weeks and all, so it'll be good to catch up. Plus he has got the pipe he bought me in Ireland, so we're gonna have to fire those bad boys up tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home