Tuesday, April 25, 2006

two thousand six post fourteen

in the past two weeks i have bought the following lawn equipment that has been the thorn in my new home owning side. A lawn mower, edger, weed wacker, shovel, several bottles of weed killer, a bottle of turf builder, and a garden hose. and i feel like this is just the beginning. dandelions are my new enemy, i hate them(and yes i'm using the word hate to describe these little yellow bastards). yard work is my new war. getting this lawn into shape is gonna take some work, but i suppose it has to be done. the joys of home ownership right? if anyone knows a good landscaper, drop me a comment as we need to have some work done in our backyard. latah...

oh, and this just in, gas prices suck...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Jared,
This is indeed only the beginning. You are going to have to start buying mulch every year now, annuals, perennials, the mower will break, then it will run out of gas, then you need fertilizer, seed for the lawn, landscaping, etc etc etc. But home ownership is great. I promise!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 8:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger 99 Problems said...

i heard of a landscapling company running out of some loveland church...

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 8:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Justin said...

The thought of landscaping sorta pisses me off. When I bought my place I had similar frustrations. Although I do admit I love my yard and will miss it a little. I spent the first two years just scaling back the landscaping at my place. I REFUSE to ever buy a weedwhacker. Too many years of trying to get those puppies working at my parents house. I just use round up on every edge that can't be hit with the lawnmower. I also refuse to use fertilizer. I did that and Scott's treatment one year and I had to mow my lawn 2-3 times more than my neighbor. Not worth it.

Actually, according to Purdue research, which are experts in turf science, weeds can be controlled with regular mowing, making sure you cut it short enough.

On a related note, when you buy your shovels, always get the fiberglass handles with the warranty. I've broken more than one and they are worth the extra bucks.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 12:11:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home