Monday, June 27, 2005

What did I just pay for? Uh-oh, you're a John.

It's been a while since I updated this piece, so this might be a long one. I guess I'll just go day by day from the time of my last post because I know you all love to read about the minutiae that is my life.

On Wednesday night I had dinner with Brian. He leads the music for the Bible study I facilitate, which makes him a co-leader of the group. We try to get together every once every few weeks to talk about the group. It was really good. Sometimes it's therapy to share your complaints with someone who can understand the circumstances. The two of us have been running this group for almost three years. A lot of people have come through it in that time and hopefully we've been able to have a positive impact on a few of their spiritual lives.

Thursday I had lunch with Brian and David at Baxter's. David is the pastor at Northstar that over sees the mission groups of the church. The three of us get together every few months so he can check in on the group. Good discussion, but nothing really life changing to report. Thursday night we had study. There was a new girl there which is totally awesome, but I always freak out. I just get the feeling that the study won't live up to whatever expectations the new person had when they came. She seemed to enjoy it though, even with the group running a little "rough" because people didn't seem to have too much to say.

Friday was poker night up at Darren's house in Monroe. Let me tell you, Monroe might as well be in California with as far away as it is. Good times though, I love playing poker. I wish I could find a more regular game to play in. Nothing with too high stakes, but something with a little money on the line.

Saturday Brian and I played tennis in the morning. That was good because I need to get out more and exercise. It was freakin hot outside and we only played for about an hour. Saturday night Kim and I just got pizza and watched the Reds get HAMMERED by the Indians. Pretty pitiful game, but we had a good time just hanging out the two of us and being low key.

Yesterday I did transitions at church. Basically that's the announcements before the message. It always freaks me out a little bit to be in front of 400 people at a time, but it feels good to help out and lighten the load for those on staff. Played basketball in the afternoon for the first time in a while and actually have to pain in my hip today. Maybe staying off it for a while helped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home