Sunday, July 31, 2005

I'll tell the maitre'd it'll just be the three bulls

Kim and I had a really good time on vacation in NC with my family. Very relaxing and low key. It was good to see my whole family, because with everyone living out of town we don't get together very often. Other than a few scraps you'd expect from people that haven't all lived together for 9 years, a good time was had by all. Played golf a few times, ate awesome seafood, and kicked it on the beach. I even suceed in getting my brother hooked on pipe smoking. He ended up taking my old corn cob pipe and some tobacco home with him. We did end up sitting in the airport for a while yesterday when our flight home was delayed a few hours. No worries though, it was kind of relaxing.

Her sisters wedding was a really good time as well last weekend. I actually drank wine at the rehearsal dinner and liked it. That could be dangerous, as I used to refuse to drink it, but now have no qualms with it. Not my favorite beverage, but with no brewskies around it will do. At the reception, her brother and I got completely bombed. I only do it about twice a year, and that night happened to be one of them. We had(in no paticular order) gin and tonic, scotch on the rocks, shots of the devil's water(tequilla), screwdrivers, rum and coke, and multiple beers. That's what I can remember drinking, I'm told there was more. Mind you that all of this was consumed in about 4 hours. Surprisingly I wasn't that hung over the next day.

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but that's life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home