Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I don't have a good apartment for an intervention. The furniture, it's very non-confrontational.

So do not under any circumstance go to the Silver Spring House. Ever. We went there Friday night with 6 people at 7:30pm to get some grub. Now I completely understand that it's going to be busy at that time and I had no problem when they said the wait was 45 minutes. However, I do have a beef when a table set for 10 sits empty for 30 minutes and then a fat woman is sat there and she proceeds to wait an additional 30 minutes for the rest of her party to show. After waiting about 40 minutes longer than the 45 minutes I was told the wait would be, I told them to take their table and stick it. I requested to speak to the manager before we left and was told that your whole party doesn't need to be there to be seated. Which is fine, I think it's stupid but whatever. Then I was told that just because 6-8 parties of 4 that came in after us were seated before us because it's and I quote "inconvenient" to turn a 4 person table sideways to seat 6 at it. That's when I almost lost it, but held it together enough to inform the idiot manager that we're the paying customer and you should go out of your way to accommodate us. Anyways we went to the Macaroni Grill and had an excellent meal.

Kim went to the funeral of one of the Marines that died in Iraq a few weeks ago yesterday. She knew him from marching band at Miami. They were pretty good friends while they were there, so it's been a tough couple of days since she found out he was killed last weekend. It should make everyone one of us take pause and think about the sacrifice he made to ensure the freedom we all enjoy. He died so we can live the way we are accustomed to. Take a minute today to pray for his family and all those who are serving our country in the Armed Forces around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home