Monday, August 22, 2005

Oh yeah, I've been known to drink a beer or two, but then again, I've been known to do a lot of things.

Kim and I had a pretty cool weekend all in all. Other than the fact that I had to work at the ATP on Saturday morning counting Montgomery Inn's piles of money. That's all the whining you're going to hear from me about that. Promise.

On Friday Jason, Paul, Kim, Wilkey and I went to the Dubliner for happy hour. It's probably my favorite place to hang out in all of Cincinnati. Laid back and a very cool atmosphere. After that we headed to Dave and Busters to see some of Jason's former students and their improv troop. It was actually really funny and it only cost $5.00.

Saturday we went to Kim's kick off party for all the teachers at her school. It was nice to see all the people she works with again and just hang out. They had free food to boot. After that we headed to the Back Porch to hang out on their huge outdoor balcony with some of Kim's co-workers. First time I had ever been there and it was pretty cool. Kind of far from town, but worth the trip every once in a while.

Sunday we went to church, more about that in a second, and then to the Red's game with Kim and Jason. They beat the living crap out of the Diamondbacks. I'm pretty sure it's the most homeruns in a game that I've ever seen in person. Thanks to her dad for giving us the company tickets. After that we headed to the Comet to see the best blue grass band in the area. They play at this rinky dink little bar every Sunday and they're awesome. Musically talented like you wouldn't believe. It's worth the drive from where ever you're reading this to see them.

The service at Northstar this week was one of the most interesting/cool services I've been to in a while. They somehow convinced 3 people who weren't Christians to get up on stage and be interviewed about their perceptions of the church and God. The reasoning behind it was to give us a different perspective about how to effectively witness to people. It was really cool, except for those few people that felt the need during the Q&A part to say how angry they were. It's no wonder a lot of people hate Christians. Some of us go out of our way to keep our faith as our own little club. I've been wrestling with that part of my faith for the past few weeks. I do a really bad job at sharing my faith with others and shy away from talking about it even with friends who I know are not saved. The guy who facilitated it, Jim Henderson, was really good. Lots to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home